[AT] corn crop... newspaper article

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 6 08:41:37 PDT 2004

Knee high corn??. Not here in Sask. I only grow it in my garden but the
germination looks to be about 10% and what did come up is less than six
inches high. Getting a bit late for a re-planting I think. Its just been
cooler than normal so things are not growing as they should. Field crops are
a bit late too. Early canola is only just beginning to bloom where last year
the fields were bright yellow by now.
Hay crops are actually pretty good as I found out yesterday while swathing
down on the sidehills of the Jumping Deer Creek. Its going to be interesting
baling those hills with the Massey Super 90 and its "marginal" brakes. Lets
just hope I don't have to stop.
I also found out that the mosquitos are getting bad while I was sitting out
on the open IH swather. With no wind to keep them away they just followed me
up and down the field.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/