[AT] Jager Engine ?

Dave Rotigel rotigel at alltel.net
Mon Jul 5 19:00:33 PDT 2004

Hi Tim,
    Jaeger engines were built by Hercules. It would have been used on a
cement mixer, and thus the cart is not original. My guess is that the "brass
parts" to which you refer is/are the case on the WICO mag and the oiler.
    Hercules built engines are fairly common. It's hard to give a
price/value without actually seeing the engine, but if it's nice $1,500.00
would not be out of line.
    Dave
PS, If the restoration is such that it's a "mirror finish" and if the "brass
parts" are MANY more that what I guessed, the price would be higher--but
some do not like restorations that are better that the original.