[AJD] JD 530

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 18:34:14 PDT 2004

    Looking for some assistance on several questions that have come up recently while attempting to rebuild my 530.
     First, what is the best way to get the bearings off of the ends of the differential shaft.  I have used a bearing splitter with a puller but the bearing does not budge.  In fact it looks like the bearing cage is beginning to deform from the stress of the puller ??
    Second, the parts book shows a cast bracket for the generator, part # AA6497R.  The generator bracket on this tractor is formed steel and the generator does not appear to be the original since it has two pulley's on the shaft.  The tractor had been used on a cotton picker, if that makes any difference. All my parts books show the cast bracket, any thoughts ??
     Third, How or where can I determine the correct model number for the generator on this tractor when it was new.  As stated above the generator does not appear to be a the original and I need to either rebuild the generator or get a rebuilt one but I want to replace it with the correct model ..Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
Ken Jones
Ken Jones