[AT] Local Gov't Wants Old Tractors Removed

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Jul 4 11:51:45 PDT 2004

I've been thinking about this post since I first read it this morning.  This
farm probably is less than 30 miles from me and I have a farm that borders
mine that sounds very similar.  In fact I have a hard time distinguishing it
from a farm or a "DUMP". The entire farm is littered with junk vehicles
(school buses, cars, tractors and farm equipment) as well as other
junk(refrigerators and other appliances) he drags home.  I guess it could be
classified as a farm since there is a barn and livestock (cows, pigs, goats
and chickens) can be seen foraging through the junk.  The "farmer" also
collects all the food scraps from the local super markets to feed to the
"livestock"  including all the stale bread.  So when the wind is blowing
just right, or wrong in my case, I get all the plastic bread bags littering
my fields.  So Bushkill Township and the infamous Gary Asteak may not be to
far off base if they are talking about a "farm" similar to my neighbors.
Just another view.

Lane Freeman