[AT] Local Gov't Wants Old Tractors Removed

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Jul 4 05:55:36 PDT 2004

As a "township official" in a rural community not all that far from
Bushkill, I can understand a little of this story from both sides.
Certainly, I am guilty of having "stuff" lying around, including old
tractors, but Lilly's place does sound like it is pretty bad (at least
from the description in the paper). We are fortunate in our town that
most of the "junk" on farmers' properties is kept back from the road and
mostly out of sight. Lilly's problem is that he let stuff accumulate
where it is visible. Still, my opinion is that it is his place, and if
he wants to live in a dump, I don't see whey it anyone else's business.
(I suspect the real reason for the uproar is that the mess has the
potential of driving down real estate values in the neighborhood - it
always boils down to $$$.)

Mike

Rob Gray wrote:

> Uh-Oh, looks like the local zoning officals around here are coming after
> folks with old equipment lying around their place. Antique tractor folks
> better watch out.... lol
>
> http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-3lillyjul04,0,2924991.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of government
power, not the increase of it. -Woodrow Wilson, 28th president of the
U.S., Nobel peace prize winner (1856-1924)