[AT] Tractor brand preferences

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Jul 3 16:49:08 PDT 2004

    We have had a bit of fun over the years here with tractor favorites.
I like to pick on Scott Pike for liking those "lopper-jawed orange
things where you sit on one side and the foot clutch sits waaaay over on
the other where Abe Lincoln couldn't reach it...   :-) Then the red guys
like to harass the green and yellow guys (hand clutches and only half an
engine) and vice versa. This week I have observed another tractor
prejudice. The horses absolutely do not like my old 1948 John Deere A. I
was not so surprised when I fired it up there in the same barn the first
time because they had never heard it before but yesterday I drove it
down there a couple of times moving wagons and they had my whole trip
down there to get used to hearing it coming but still freaked out. I
have made dozens of trips  with the Farmall Super MTA and they ignored
it from the start. We have used son Scott's Oliver there several times
and moved the Gleaner combine several times, no reaction other than
looking. I guess they are just not John Deere fans...   :-)
    Me, I love them all.

"farmer"