[Ford-ferguson] 2n problem

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 2 20:30:07 PDT 2004

With it all re-assembled.. use a screwdriver to short between the two
terminals.. if the starter spins then.. but not with the switch closed..
that lets you know the switch is bad.  Replacements are available.

If it won't spin with the contacts shorted.. try jumpering right from the
battery to the starter.. if that doesn't do it.. the starter bendix may be
hung in the flywheel.. to -unhang' it put the tractor in high gear and garb
the rear tire and rock vigorously back and forth for a bit.. starter bendix
usually pops free then.

Soundguy