[AT] 560 steering ?

Irma bellville1 at vci.net
Fri Jul 2 16:36:39 PDT 2004

       Thank yall for the input on this, it is a recirculating ball and worm
type steering system. Mahindra  uses a similar steering on some of their
tractors. I broke it down and the 19 or 21 bearings fell out along with the
ball guide track. All looked like it had been hammered. Bates wants $500.00
+ shipping for another upper bolster  Ouch ! The chunk weighs well over 100#
and maybe 150+
No a good machine shop couldnt fix it for the bearing track is completley
smashed beyond even knowing what it is except I seen it come out.
      Has anyone ever done a rack and pinion conversion ?
Like the pullers use to save weight, any ideas or info would be appreciated
much. A im running the 504 and super C to death  trying to carry the 560s
workload
Thanks again