[AT] Parting out tractors - what are your thoughts?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jul 2 08:31:11 PDT 2004

Those are some fine looking crawlers at your site. We see the same thing in
the ag industry here. The salvage yards often have some fairly good looking
big combines and tractors. Frequently they have fire damage but occasionally
I will see some that look in field ready condition and better than some of
the machines currently out there working the fields.
But in the past when I have had to buy a few parts to keep a combine working
I can see where these older machines do bring much more profit when they are
parted out.
A handy guy that can do his own wrench turning can likely do alright with
one of these "fixer uppers" but if your going to pay a shop rate of $50 an
hour to have this old machine made usable, it probably does not make
economic sense.
Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/