[AT] Cubfest - Farmer's RTU

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Thu Jul 1 19:28:28 PDT 2004

I run Amsoil in my vehicles, but I change my own filters every 3000
miles (the oil can go 1 year or 25000 miles).  When it comes time to
change the oil, I like to take it over to a friend who owns a repair
shop.  He lets me put it on the lift.  That way I can get a good look at
the underside of my vehicle, rotate my tires, check my brakes, check the
rears, and do a good once over.  If I see anything that looks out of
sorts, I ask his opinion and, if work needs done, I let him do it or my
VW mechanic, depending on how specialized it is.  If I see my brakes are
getting close, I check them every 1000 miles until he changes them.

Ed