[AT] Parting out tractors - what are your thoughts?

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:42:48 PDT 2004

I thought this might make a good discussion.  I totally understand parting out busted up and broken-down hulks.  I've gotten parts this way myself.  But what about parting out restorable tractors, or worse yet - running and drivable tractors?  This link is what got me thinking about the subject: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=joe-levad&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50  It appears this seller is parting out what used to be a very nice-looking, parade-ready tractor.  Not a perfect tractor, but definitely not a hulk.  I don't want to villafy the man - he has every right to do what he wants to his tractor - and I hate to single him out, but it's just an example.

Somehow, it just doesn't seem right, though.  Anybody else share that view, or anybody disagree?

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN