[AT] Diesel Starting Safety Reminder

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 06:13:05 PST 2004

> This is one thing that I have never liked about the Farmall A that I have.
> It has a magneto with a simple stop cable.  You pull and hold the cable to
> shut it down, and the cable returns to the run position when you let it go.
> This has always made me a little cautious about how I park it on hills...
>
> Vaughn

	Yes, that's another one. All of my tractors with mags have
postive kill switches that stay off - except for one. That one still
has the old style spring contact on the side of the mag that has to
be pushed to shut it off. That worried me some but what I do is shut
off the gas and let the engine run out and shut it off that way. It
still will not help if the gas shut-off leaks a little as it will fill
up the carb and be ready to go anyhow.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson