[AT] Beilers auction and a Magellan GPS

Lane Freeman lmfree at ptd.net
Sun Feb 29 06:16:58 PST 2004

I looked at TD-9 on Thursday and probably would have bid on it if I could
have been there Friday.  I have 3 TD-6s and a T-6 and alays wanted a nice
TD-9 and this looked like the one too buy.  The grousers had new bar stock
welded on but whoever did it did a really good job because you had to look
real close to tell.  At first I thought someone had put new track on.  All
undercarriage(pins, rails, etc) parts looked real good two.  Engine appeared
to have been totally redone too.  Not an oil leak to be found anywhere.  I
didn't get a chance to drive it since I knew I couldn't buy it so I don't
know about the steering clutches but my quess is the way everything else had
been reworked if there was a problem it would have been mixed.
Sorry, but  don't know anything about the Allis but there was still one
there yesterday(Saturday) when I went back to pick up some things with my
brother.  It was a small Allis with a arched front axle and it was in the
same row with the TD-9.  Not sure if that's the one you are referring too.

Lane