[AT] O.T. Silly #$%& truck

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Wed Feb 25 18:58:55 PST 2004

    Farmer;
    At one time when I worked at the Bellefontaine airport, we
had a Cessna 150 that we used for aerial patrol. The owner
decided that he wanted to try Slick 50 in the oil. We
immediately started having trouble with the engine missing. It
would start fine and run good till it warmed up and then start
missing. We did a hot compression test on it and had cylinders
with no compression. We let the engine cool overnight and
rechecked the compression and it would be fine. The Slick 50
plugged the bleed holes in the lifters and would not let them
bleed down.
    We talked to the Continental engine service department and
were told to never use this in an airplane, as it caused the
very problem that we had.
    We replaced all lifters and changed the oil and everything
was fine.

                        Gene