[AT] Semi-O.T. One man baling?

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Wed Feb 25 17:53:50 PST 2004

I saw one of those loaders being used at a gathering of the orange show.  It
was very dirty for the operator- just about like standing underneath an
elevator.  There was also a big potential that on a side hill the bale would
fall off, landing in the drivers lap.   I wonder why not many were sold?

I remember a lot of automatic hay loaders for the AC balers being sold at
farm sales 25 years ago.  They attached to the side of the hayrack and would
pick the bale off the ground and deliver it to the guy on the rack.  I don't
remember the name of the loader, but a shortliner built it.  It seemed like
every farmer, including by Grandfather had one.  However, I don't remember
ever seeing one being used in the field.

Jim