[AT] Scrapple & Head Cheese

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Tue Feb 24 18:10:55 PST 2004

    Cecil;
    I think everyone stayed for the chicken.
    With our large family sunday dinner was always 2 chickens.
As a youngster, it somehow became my job to kill the chickens.
I always hated the job of chopping off the heads. After I was
old enough to use the .22 rifle, I would go to the farmlot
where the chickns grazed and the rooster with his head the
highest was selected for dinner. Same for the second one.
Always amazed me that an entire flock of chickens could be
totally oblivious to one of their brothers flopping on the
ground. I became a very good shot with a rifle and don't think
i ever missed a rooster. One time got lucky and got 2 roosters
with one shot
    This experience and watching my alcoholic BIL gumming fried
chicken at dinner was such a bad experience that now I cannot
eat chicken in any form, but I still like eggs.

                    Gene