[AT] Head cheese and history

Billy Hood aggie1967 at msn.com
Tue Feb 24 13:24:45 PST 2004

I broke a post on hog killing and the products into 3 posts and this got me to thinking.  The following is true to me whether it relates to tractors, hogs, families or gimcracks.

We are all historians.   The catch is we can not all be good historians. I do qualify as a historian in one respect.  All humans do.  Each of us is a historian.  Each of us accumulates evidence and insight, ignores some if it, fails to find other pieces, or chooses not to look.  We are made up of a collage of experiences and stories from our past--not all of these good or bad--but all having an impact on who we are.

I love to hear stories of what has influenced and molded your lives and hope that you put up with my ramblings.  What we remember about growing up and yes antique tractors will be part of the history that our children and grandchildren will remember.  I think that we want them to be historians because that is how the fabric of life is woven.

Bear
I am through preaching now and off my soapbox.