[AT] Fordson tractor ID

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Tue Feb 24 10:01:04 PST 2004

Farmer you are correct in that there were changes made in the worm gear
final drive on the Fordson. The early ones had the worm on top, was not well
lubricated and ran hot enough to warm the drivers rear end, later version
placed the worm at the bottom running in oil. I haven't read where they were
ever equipped with a ring and pinion gear.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA