was Re: [AT] Portland/NOW Allis-Chalmers CA

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Tue Feb 24 06:00:09 PST 2004

Anyone here know of a decent A-C CA model for sale within a few hundred
miles of NE Ohio? My brother-in-law is on a serious hunt for one to use with
a Woods mower at his new farm. He now has more grass than he is willing to
mow with an old 7hp Massey-Ferguson lawnmower so it is time to put something
new(old) in the barn. We went to an auction Saturday and watched one sell
but it was definitely NOT a keeper. It had been broken completely in half at
one point and broke the flanges off the back of the engine block where it
mates to the bellhousing. Some PO had brazed the snot out of it and put it
back together but they did not do a very good job. The sheetmetal was
wrinkled up too. With a well used Woods belly mower it brought $1700.
Anyway, we are looking for a decent one that could be picked up on a weekend
road trip. Any and all leads would be appreciated.
Mark Greer
Orrville, Ohio