OT [AT] Sausage and cracklings

Robert Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 14:18:06 PST 2004

George;

Now they package the pig ears after they are dried for pets.  My golden
loves them, but Joan doesn't care for the look of 1/2 eaten pig ears on the
family room rug.

She buys rawhide bones instead.  She doesn't buy the argument that they are
not too different....

Bob

At 04:32 PM 2/23/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Frobl,
>
>Here's one to make you even hungrier!  This came from my cousin, Dick, who
>some of you met at the Cub Fest 2003 or Cubarama 2002.  He's next in line
>for patriarch after Pop passes, and the closest I have to a brother.  Just
>imagine... 79 years old and on a computer!  The Willers are made of stern
>stuff!
>-------------
>Hi George ,
>
>Interesting item about Uncles Jim and George . Leland and I used to help
>some with the butchering and we did help press out the lard . Sometimes we
>would cook and press out a pig tail or two and they were much better eating
>than just the plain cracklings . Cracklings even were good eating sometimes
>when they didn't trim the lean meat off too close . I don't think that my
>teeth could hold up to eating those cracklings any more . Never tried eating
>ears !

Bob Brooks
rbrooks at hvc.rr.com

Elmo 1948 Cub
Rock Tavern, NY

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright