[AT] Sausage

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Feb 22 13:01:29 PST 2004

	Here I am sitting here at 1 PM waiting on a late
lunch and you guys are still talking about food. It is
causing great suffering...   ;-)
	Diana's folks, of all German/Swiss background, used
to make the best tasting sausage when butchering that
I ever ate. Ever... Her dads grandfather was born in
Baden Germany and his grandmother was born in Bavaria.
On her mother's side they have been on this side of
the pond for a very long time but they always stayed
in a tight close group (some were Mennonite) so never
mixed much and retained many of the old food skills.
Diana is one of the first in her family to marry a non
German/Swiss. One of the first here came as a Hessian
soldier during the revolution. The Swiss were mostly
from near Zurich and I think from further north before
that so still mostly German.
	Sadly now there is no one left in her family that
butchers or cooks in the old ways. Several are good
cooks just not the old ways.
	I say that I'm a non-German but 1/2 of my mother's
line were German (Miller, Minnich, Stumph etc). My
fathers Robinson line started in Kessen's part of the
world as the Viking Clan Gunn. Then to Scotland, then
as Robinson to England (Cleasby, Yorkshire), then
America (Virginia) as representatives of the crown
about the mid 1600's. One side of my mothers line is
also Robinson, probably connected to the other line
but not found yet beyond Maryland about 1800. Maybe
they are where I get my love for fish & chips and
Fordson Major Diesels.   :-)
	I sure would like to find some sausage that tastes
like those her dad used to make...

"farmer"

My most recent list
mailto:budget_muzzleloading-subscribe at yahoogroups.com