[AT] Cracklings (and a cletrac)

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Feb 22 10:09:18 PST 2004

Nope Ralph that ain't it.  I think you are talking about fried pork rinds or
pork skins.  When you take a piece of pork skin and deep fry it, it will
puff up like pop corn.  Those are a common snack in the south.  Most folks
don't know what craklins are any longer.  I can't think of a good way to
describe craklins.   The closest I can come to their consistancy and texture
is a home made pie crust made with lard but they are a bit more crunchy and
greasy than that.

Charlie