[AT] Sad news/ tractor accident

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 16:57:26 PST 2004

--- DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:
> One of the first things I learned in Machinist
> school in the Navy was to roll
> the sleeves up above the elbows before working on
> any equipment.
Walt, except when it's really warm I wear long sleeves
(rolled up or buttoned when down) and even when very
hot I keep a long sleeve shirt handy.  Welding,
grinding, and hot manifolds aren't to nice on my arms.
 BUT, shirts, coats, etc. are never unbuttoned or
unzipped just for the reasons stated.  I like my parts
where they started, still attached.  Seen to many
stupid accidents due to flopping clothes.  Besides, I
can wash my arms easier than my shirt sleeves, and boy
can I get grubby.
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan