[AT] Hyd. Cylinder Rebuild

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sat Feb 21 08:02:58 PST 2004

Those rethreading files usually come as a set of two, Walt.  Yours
probably
Says No. 1 or No. 2 on the side of it.  The brand is Nu-thred, and they
come from Jaw Manufacturing.  I just picked up a pair of them over
Christmas as part of a rethreading kit that I found in a pawn shop.  I
never put the set away.  When I'm restoring, I run the dies on every
stud and bolt on the whole tractor.  I used to use regular taps and dies
for this work, but I really like the way the rethreading dies work much
better.  They're all sized for regular wrenches.  I THINK Sears still
has the sets available.

Since this left me with a couple spare rethreading files in the tool
box, I gave them to a good friend as a belated Christmas present.  His
single file broke while he was using it on his lathe several years ago
and he lost half of it.  Since he won't take payment for the machining
he does for me, I figure giving him the files was the least I could do.

They also make the files for metric threads.

Larry