Eating while doing tractor things sort of ramble (was)RE: [AT] Speaking o...

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 09:25:08 PST 2004

When we went to Portland last week and got stuck in YUK! Washington for the
night giggle we found quite by accident a neat restaurant It was called  Joe's
Crab Shack and I got to tell you they really feed you there. It cost $35 with
a big tip for 33 shrimp cook about every way one can do it. The place was
filled even though it the middle of the week I bet you can't get neat the place on
Friday or sat.

But the best seafood that I ever had was in a strange little place in Santa
Barbara, Ca we were traveling up the coast and stay there over night. I ask the
motel clerk where was a good place to get seafood and they sent me to a
little bar on the main drag down near the ocean. You went in though the bar and
into an outdoor patio that was jammed with tables and chairs and about a 100
people all eating and talking just like home at a big party. They brought the food
out on paper plates with plastic spoons and you never had anything so good in
your life. Sometime the little places just have great food, my grandfather
taught me years ago to deal with the little guy if you want good food and
service and they don't care what you are wearing Bibs or Tailored Suit.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460