[AT] restoring tractor lights

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 11:33:50 PST 2004

  	Mike, you must be a mind reader. After reading the posts at
lunch time, I looked thru the JC Whitney catalog without success and
then picked up the Eastwood catalog. I first found a listing of this
paint in a "taillight restoration kit" and then in another Eastwood
catalog, I found this one.  I think this stuff is about the same as
you would find on those shiny honor guard helmets in the service and
I hope it will do the trick.  I ordered a can to try just before
reading your email but thanks a lot anyhow. The catalog describes it
as a good paint for the inside of reflective surfaces.  I also ordered
a tube of Simichrome polish to try ahead of this paint. I have quite
a few old lights and most of them have reflective surfaces that have
deteriorated. It would be nice to have them look and work like new
again.

Cecil