[AT] restoring tractor lights

Robert Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 07:17:12 PST 2004

Cecil;

You can send the reflectors out and have them stripped and rechromed or you
can clean them up real good, and get a can of chrome paint and spray them
chrome.

The right way will cost more than that the wrong way but the results will
not be too different.

I've done both versions on old cars, my budget makes me lean towards the
spray painted version.

With the bulbs in and the lenses on it's tough to see a major difference
unless you hold the 2 versions side by side.

I have also seen some done with chrome metal tape, to me they looked tacky,
but it may have been the execution rather than the materials.

Didn't you have a couple of extra lights you could practice on.

If you go for the spray can routine I would suggest that you don't do it in
the living room.  Joan seemed to get a little miffed when I sprayed some
Krylon Paint in the basement on Saturday, I think she would have been more
than miffed if I did it upstairs.....

Bob