[AT] Copy of message sent to antique-tractor at ATIS.net

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Feb 17 21:14:02 PST 2004

As you may remember, I recently asked for volunteers to try out new mailing list software here at ATIS(Mailman is the name).   I think there was well over 50 of your closest friends who tried it out .  After some discussion on the the new list, the new software has been given a resounding thumbs-up.   (There was only one "ney").

I have made the decision to migrate the antique-tractor mailing list to the new software this weekend.   After my signature is a very important FAQ that is your survival guide for the switch:

1:   When does the switch take place?

   I would like all discussion to be taking place on the new list by next Sunday.  This means that discussion about antique tractors can should begin taking place on the new list as soon as subscribers to the new list are ready and willing.

2: How do I subscribe to the new list?

Click on the following link:

On that page you'll find a little more information about the new list and there is a section for subscribing to the list.  It has a place to key in your email address and a place to key in a password you want to have for your account.    An email will come back to that address to confirm your subscription.   In that email will be a web link by which to finish the confirmation process.   Follow that link and you will be done!

3:  Anything different?

Lots different under the hood, but basically it will operate the same.   The following outlines the changes:

   a:   The list address will now be:  at at lists.antique-tractor.com
   b:	HTML will be converted to text.
   c:	Attachments will have to be allowed but message size is now LIMITED TO 10K
   d:	There are more subscription options.   By defaut the options will be set where the vast number of peiple need them but feel free to play with them if you want.
   e:    Your password is important.  I can NOT find it out.   I will have to remove you and resubscribe you if you lose it.

4:  Will SPAM and viruses still be blocked?

   Yes.   My SPAM and virus scanners will still be scanning mail for our list.

5:  Can I still subscribe to both the regular list and digest?

Yes.   You can turn on the digest" option when you sign up as well as setting "Mail Delivery" enabled.

6:  I want to search the archives of the new list ---

Searching  hasn't been set up, but you can browse the new list's archives by visiting the subscription/list info page at: