[AT] Attachments/HTML

Spencer Yost Spencer.Yost at piedmontsystems.com
Thu Feb 12 17:45:00 PST 2004

Well, it looks as if there may be a fly in the ointment.   I can do the following:

Convert any message in HTML to plain text.
Reject/Discard messages with attachments

I can NOT, however, simply strip attachments.   I can only block messages that have attachments.  Many email packages add attachments (ie HTML versions of a plain text messages, vcards, etc) without the operator explicitly asking the software to do it.  Therefore, I think stripping attachments may end up being problematic.   I can restrict size of the message however.   We could enforce a real low message size to limit large attachments/message size.

I went ahead and forced the software to reject messages with attachments.  Let's see how this turns out.  I think we may have to allow attachment after all.

Spencer