[AT] Let's get the water muddy

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Feb 12 14:47:13 PST 2004

My first shop was dirt/gravel floor. Before I got real serious I put
down 2" thick rough cut from the local Amish mill. That was much better
but for heavy stuff I worried about the boards breaking. Wood was nicer
to lay on than the current concrete as it was warmer than the unheated
concrete. Now that I have a heated concrete floor I love it. I use a low
profile creeper just to make it easier to move around. Just make sure
you put down a moisture barrier to keep the floor from wicking any into
the air. Nothing worse than condensation dripping off the ceiling.
Steve W.