[AT] Just testing

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 05:36:28 PST 2004

> Cecil,
>
> Start your computer in safe mode then run defrag. Starting in safe mode
> turns off all those things that slow down defrag, virus protection and such.
> It will still take a few hours most likely. I have not timed mine, just
> start it at night and go to bed and it is done in the morning.
>
> Bob W [FL]
> 7:44AM 12/29/04

	I guess even XP has a safe mode. I have never tried it on this
computer so will have to look up what key to hit to start it. Someone else
also said to do this but no one has mentioned the key to hit so far. I
turned off the virus program and an automatic backup program but don't know
what else might be running that would slow down the defrag. The hard drives
are 200 Gb with lots of files and folders so it is not a short job.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson