[AT] Cecil's lost posts

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 06:27:25 PST 2004

> Cecil,
>  Roadrunner is the problem. I use another ultra high spped broadband service

and found I had to type very slowly or my posts would get lost. You see it sends

the post at such a great speed that it gets to the server before now. This makes

the poor computer that received it think the post is a tomorrow post and it waits

to post it. Sometimes it gets its poop together and sees the mistake but not always

so your mail may end up in a time loop looking for when it should be but having

past it or sometimes having not gotten there yet. You have I'm sure seen the posts

that show up and everyone thinks they are a week or two late. Those are ones that

have been in the time loop and have just now lined up and fallen out. It helps at

least I think it does if you type slowly, push the send button with a slow
delibrate

mouse click, and maybe look the other way when clicking. If you see this post on

Tuesday the 21st then you will know I have found the trick and it works.
> Scott
> PS If I can help with anymore of these technical difficulties please don't hesitate

to ask.

> Scott Nelson
> Pearland, Texas

	It is always nice to hear from you guys in Texas. You are so full of,
well, technical knowledge that I had to read your post several times before
I slowed down enough to understand it. I took your advice and typed slower and
was not only able to sneak past the RoadRunner censors but actually have gained
access to the ATIS List several times a day since. I believe I was typing too
fast and my posts were getting there ahead of time and neither one of them knew
what to do with them. So thanks a lot for your help and remember when you go
hunting those Texas rabbits, don't lead them too much as the shot is liable to
get there before the season opens and you will be in deep doodoo.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson