[AJD] Ebay odd JD Corn Planter

Don Shehi shehi at commspeed.net
Sat Dec 18 18:44:14 PST 2004

Yup!!

My dad had one and used it to plant our row crops, corn, milo and atlas
sorghum.  We called it a lister.  This was in eastern Kansas in the late
forties and fiftys. This unit would plow open two rows planting the seed in
the bottom of the furrow.  To cultivate the crop, the tricycle type tractor
would ride on the top of the ridges.  At the bottom of the metal cylinders
you see, there were different seed plates for the different sizes of seed to
be planted.  This was all driven from one of the front wheels on the unit.

It would raise and lower like a trip plow.

Don Shehi
Camp Verde, Az