[AJD] Mike's "New" B

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 08:18:32 PST 2004

Mike,
Regarding lack of spark, most likely the points have corrosion formed on the
contact surfaces.  If it is a Wico C or XH, just pull the first cover you
come to off, separate the points, and use a piece of crocus cloth or
something similar (NOT a point file) clean between the points until they
appear shiny, and try it again.

As you rotate the flywheel, you should hear a clicking sound from the
magneto, that is the impulse spring releasing to provide a hot spark during
starting.  If you do not hear a click, or your magneto is something other
than a Wico C or XH, post back and we'll go from there.
Regards,
Duane Larson