[AJD] A1240 .090 Pistons

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 07:35:06 PST 2004

Chris,
Don't abandon the A block, considering you have good pistons and rings
for it.  You should be able to get that sleeved for $300 or so and then
you know what you've got.  Besides, I'm not sure that a block other
than the casting made for a '47-'49 will work on the '48.  I had a '49
and looked for years to find a good one.  I have a '49 block here,
bored 0.045"+, has one good side with a sleeve already, but the other
side needs sleeved.  Hope your head can be salvaged.  The cyclone head
from the late '47 and newer is a little better design than the earlier
heads also - one of the reasons for the extra power in the late
styled's.
You'll be able to put on quite a show when you get your projects up and
running - I'm jealous!
Steve