[AT] OT- Late model chevy truck question

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Dec 16 05:42:16 PST 2004

My guess is you left the cap loose long enough to trip the check engine
light and the check engine light does have to stay on a certain amount of
time depending on the error(part of the standards and/or law???).  This is
to prevent people from resetting to computer right before they pull in for
inspection.  Give it a few starts and about 25 miles or so and then see if
it is still on.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net

On 12/16/2004 at 2:00 AM WF Smith wrote:

>I have a 2005 Chevy pickup which is a story unto itself. Driving down the
>interstate last weekend it tells me the gas cap is loose. I didn't want to
>pull over so 150 miles later when I got off I tightened the cap, which was
>right about the time the check engine light came on, and has stayed on.
Can