[AJD] 60 LP followed me home

Don Shehi shehi at commspeed.net
Thu Dec 9 17:14:05 PST 2004

Howard

On the power steering on the two cylinders, one must use the John Deere
power steering fluid only!!!!

On my 630, after I purchased it, sometimes it would not turn one direction.
I forget if it was right or left.  I could back it off and sometimes it
would turn ok, working with it a few times, it would then turn.  Of course
by then one was past the corner.  All I did was to drain out the old stuff
that was in the power steering and replace it with the genuine John Deere
power steering fluid. It has worked fine since then.  It's been several
years ago, there was an article in the Green mag on the use of using only
the JD fluid.  This could be some of your problems.  I think I still have a
quart somewhere in the shop, I'll get the number if you interested.

The water pump on my 630 was leaking when I go it several years ago.  During
the summer, I start the 630 up to move it for mowing, about every two weeks.
It has quit leaking.  On my 620LP that I purchased this spring, a tractor
that had been setting for many years.  The water pump leaked like a
sive(sp), It gets moved the same as the 630, now the leakage is much less
than when I first got it.  Seems to only leak when it running.  May have to
replace it someday.

Don Shehi
Camp Verde, Az