[AT] Wire size for welder?? Help welder people!

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Dec 8 22:33:05 PST 2004

One thing about having a heavy welder like mine  is that you never get to use
it at full power.  The largest rod I own is  5/32 and that will work at half
the power of the welder. I did go out and check  things out just now as I was
curious I found I am using a 40 amp breaker which I  have never tripped so I
must be doing something correct.
Most of my welding  is just small stuff on the farm equipment but now and
then I get into job that  requires the 5/32 rod and a little more than 180 amps.
the old Forney (1962  model) has performed pretty good over the years, I would
like one of those new  fancy rigs but the cost keeps me using old faithful.
Sure wish the company  would honor my lifetime warrantee though I need a new
plug in cable for it.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361