[AT] OT: Carbruators

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Fri Dec 31 06:21:00 PST 2004

Hi, Robert,
The AFB was/is a Carter four barrell carb that was popular back
in the '60s and '70s. A good solid design that worked pretty
well on engines up to about 400 CID. The Rochester Quadrajet
replaced it starting in the early to mid '60s, at least on
GM products. I think some Chrysler products continued to use
them, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Fords used either Holley
or Autolite (which was a Holley design0 right up to the advent
of EFI.

Phil