[AT] Cub engine on combine

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Thu Dec 30 16:15:19 PST 2004

I see by the photos the sacks aren't sewn.  Suppose I'll have to dig out the
needles and show you how.......
Good work.
Years ago I used to farm 2200 acres of grain  and all I had for a long time
was a John Deere #36 combine. That was a trip. Pulled it with a Cat 50
diesel. Had a steady Mexican that wore head and neck scarves with a heavy
buttoned up jacket all day long in 100+ degree heat and sit on that 50 all
day. The combined ambient temperature with the heat radiated off that
tractor HAD to be hot.  Ask him? He said he stayed cool all day by
sweating...
Later I bought a Harris self propelled hillside machine new. The hydraulic
leveler valve was operated by the gravitational pull of a 50 lb weight.
I had one field that was a full section. 1 square mile. Lucky to make 3
rounds in a day.
Dave