[AJD] John Deere GP

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Thu Dec 30 08:34:10 PST 2004

Charlie,
I doubt you will find a new compression tester that comes with an adapter
for the 7/8" plug on your '31.  The ones you just hold against the hole with
a tapered rubber seal are not so easy to use - you and your wife will have
to decide who will hold the gauge or turn the engine over.  So, plan to make
an adapter from an old 7/8" plug that a compression tester will screw into.
Or perhaps Frank already has one with his.
Just a heads-up
Duane