[AJD] John Deere GP

Dee Schuyler web22hsz at verizon.net
Thu Dec 30 06:52:32 PST 2004

Chas
The Finals and for that matter, everything I got into on the GP's is pretty
straightforward. Bearing replacement should be fairly simple. My problems
were undersized shafts, and bad splines on the brake shafts. also I had a
couple  brgs that got replaced.Also My tractor had only a collar and dust
seal on one axle? I first noticed that one rear wheel was about an inch
closer to the frame than the other? I found after getting both wheels off
that I did not have C 24R or C493 a seal holder and dust cover and of course
the seal C562  was nowhere around! I had the other side to copy so with the
help of a lathe and mill , and the felts from Greg we were home free.
A small hoist is handy,
Dee