[AJD] John Deere GP

Dee Schuyler web22hsz at verizon.net
Wed Dec 29 16:34:00 PST 2004

Charlie
I was pretty fortunate with the GP. I bought it from list members Paul and
Michael Ostrander, and it was a running tractor when I got it.
It had some brake shaft, final drive problems, that a few new shafts and
some metal spraying and machine work straightened out. The eng has not been
touched other than carb and mag rebuild. Lots of new seals and new gaskets
made to keep the oil where it belongs. Some sheet metal work and that is
about it, of course new rubber and some wheel cleanup.
Total time just about a year, but I do not work on them on a daily basis.
This is my first GP and so far I am very happy. I have always had D tractors
and still have a couple, the GP is easier to get around, and easier to
crank, I think it will make a good addition to my little collection.
I should also thank Paul and Michael  for the help they have given me as we
went through a couple problems.
Also thanks to Greg for a couple hard to find items.
Dee