[AT] Just testing

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 07:08:53 PST 2004

> Defragging a large (over 4 Gb) hard drive is a long and seemingly
> endless process. It will be worth the time, though. Your system
> will run like new when it finally finishes.
> I hope you have a good antivirus program installed and updated
> regurlarly. Slow operation is one indication of a possible virus
> or other adware or malware program that has intalled itself on
> your system. As mentioned previously here, AdAware, Spybot and
> others do a good job of keeping these types of adware programs
> cleaned out of your system.
>
> Phil

	Phil, I've never been without a good anti virus program on any
of my computers. I also have AdAware and SpyBot and run them frequently.
There are no viruses on this computer that anything has ever been able
to find. But with all the programs and other stuff on here and something
like 28M files so far, according to the Fix-it program, there as still
275K fragmented files on here. The other thing that slows it down are
all the programs running in the Systray or whatever it is called down at
the bottom of the screen that start when the computer starts. I pay with
performance with every one of them. Then with the two hard drives, I have
a feeling having the two of them also affects performance although I can't
prove it. One thing I did was to keep all operating programs on one of the
drives and only file - mostly photos and scans of tractor manuals - in the
other. That way the OS in here only has to look thru the one hard drive for
a program when I want it brought up.

	I may be imagining things thinking this computer has slowed down
a lot. It opens photos so fast it is amazing and there is almost no waiting
for anything. Doesn't hurt to check it out once in a while, however.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson