[AT] Just testing

Bob W RGW13 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 29 04:46:15 PST 2004

|-----Original Message-----
Cecil,

Start your computer in safe mode then run defrag. Starting in safe mode
turns off all those things that slow down defrag, virus protection and such.
It will still take a few hours most likely. I have not timed mine, just
start it at night and go to bed and it is done in the morning.

Bob W [FL]
7:44AM 12/29/04

|	Yes, it is great to live right on the cutting edge of
|technology, isn't it?  grins
|
|	My computer has been slowing down lately and I decided to
|install a program called Fix-it. One of the features in this thing
|is a De-Frag for the hard drives. I have two hard drives on this
|computer and decided to give it a try. It was still going almost
|10 hours later when I finally went to bed and left it run. It must
|have kicked out during the night because the computer was re-booting
|the next morning when I looked at it. So I tried again yesterday
|and 12 hours later it was only half way thru the first hard drive.
|I wonder if anyone ever gets a De-Frag operation to actually complete
|itself on these multi Gig computers?  I also wonder if I am supposed
|to keep trying until it finally completes the operation???
|
|	FWIW, it is slower than trying to get a broken stud out with
|an EZ Out.
|
|Cecil
|--