[Farmall] Farmall A Pneumatic Lift-All + Cylinder

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 28 01:34:29 PST 2004

 Hello everyone,
If you've been following my posts, you all know that I have a 45' model A
that I am in the process of converting it from a mowing tractor to a
cultivating tractor.  One of the things I did to this tractor over the
Summer was to remove the Pneumatic Lift-All because the original one was
broken, and I was unable to find the proper replacement parts.

What I did was remove the original manifold, which unfortunately had lots of
holes in it, and replaced it with a modern (made in china) model (as much as
I hate that part, I couldn't get anything else (at least locally).  I bought
it from my local IH dealer, Bull International in Washington, PA.  They were
unable to get me the manifold, nor any of the other parts like the pressure
valve that is on top of the manifold, and the cone that goes on top of the
manifold where the exhaust connects to it.

All this cultivator talk got me to thinking, maybe I should ask if anybody
has these parts available, and/or if they think I should try to put them
back together as original, or just go with a manual lift lever for my new
cultivators.

I suppose that the manual lift lever is fine with me (less moving mechanical
parts, nothing to break, less money for finding this "Lift-All" manifold +
parts), but at the same time, I like the idea of keeping this tractor as
original as possible.

Would anybody here be interested in buying or trading something for the old
manifold, parts, and the cylinder?  Warning, I have never used it, and I
don't know if it works or not!!  It came with the tractor, as a side item.

Also, some of the parts are still on my tractor, like the levers and all of
the tubing and the control valve, and the reason is, they were very
difficult to remove.  I would rather just keep them where they are, because
if I take them off, my paint job would be missing some paint, and once
again, because of the difficulty in removing them.

What do you folks think????  Anyone need this cylinder??

Troy in PA.