[AJD] JD A s/n 607821Piston Pin Bushing Troubles

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Mon Dec 27 19:39:56 PST 2004

Chris
That is exactly what oversize wrist pins are for, to obtain proper clearances both in the pin bushing as well as the piston. If a pin is severely worn it not only causes wear in the piston pin but also the piston itself. The solution was to offer oversize pins. Most machine shops use a pin hone to power hone them to specs, it's no big deal. Plus it saves buying two new pin bushings usually as the proper clearances are obtained by installing and fitting oversize piston pins.
Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
Box 709
7460 E Hiway 86
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--A GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!