[AT] Ford "N" sleeves

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 19:15:52 PST 2004

--- "Ronald L. Cook" <rlcook at pionet.net> wrote:

> Okay, Chuck.
> 	Either you are lying about actually removing a bolt
> with an E-Z-Out, or
> maybe that explains the sudden problems with the
> planet that is causing
> the earthquakes and tsunamis.
> 	The only thing I have ever removed successfully
> with an E-Z-Out is a
> brass nipple from an aluminum sprayer boom.

Ron, The use of E-Z outs (or any other brand) is an
art form, not a science.  You have to have the ability
to sense whether or not it is going to work prior to
use.  You also have to have the luck of ALL the Irish,
past and present, and have the genes to be able to
curl your tongue all the way around, (pat head, rub
tummy, etc).  <VBG>
After rounding off, breaking off, digging out, burning
out, and yes (once) even drilling many small, VERY
SMALL holes around the cursed thing, as many times as
I have you get good, sometimes get lucky, but usually
get humble pie thrown in your face.  I do use them at
least once each week but mostly to get broken grease
zerks out.
I have several different types and trust my luck to
which looks right, this time!
Left handed bits (pricey but really do work) help when
you have blind holes.
A lot depends on how stuck the bolt is.
When it seems like all efforts are failing, remember,
the darned bolt started it all by breaking first, so
you aren't really much worse off now than you were
before.
Oh, one last thought, do like I do when things are
going wrong, blame it on the other guy!  Just make
sure that 1) you don't know him (and he doesn't know
you) and 2) he's not here to defend himself. <grins>

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Desperate times call for desperate measures.