[AT] Ford "N" sleeves

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Dec 27 07:45:33 PST 2004

On 12/27/2004 at 8:53 AM Chuck Saunders wrote:
>Well I tried the weld a bead and out comes the sleeve method on my 8n.
>Results were not as pretty as others have enjoyed.
>Ran the beads -- the sleeves did not "fall out"

As Chuck's personal story would imply, I have seen more trashed blocks with
weld lines than I have heard successful stories(You are not the only one
Chuck!) .  Sleeves WILL press or pull out.  If they don't your plate or
press are not strong enough.   Granted maybe that means a trip to a
professional.  Machine shops will, as often as not, do it for free if you
are having them do other work(ie probably stuff you are going to have done
anyways like decking the block & head, etc)

PS:  I had mentioned this on the list before so I just wanted to let
everyone know that I finished the rebuild of my Isuzu Trooper Turbo Diesel
engine.   The pictures are at my photo gallery at ATIS.  Have 220 miles on
the new engine and while I did fight a small oil leak, it has run
beautifully otherwise.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=IDIESEL

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS