[AT] No ads from the 12/24 Lancaster Farming

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Sun Dec 26 08:53:22 PST 2004

    Mike;
    A common practice on the Ford 2N and early 8N's with the
thinwall sleeves, is to bore the block and use the later thick
wall sleeves. The block can be bored with the old sleeves and
are removed with the cutting tool, saving the headache of
removing the old sleeves.
    If you need to replace with the same block bore size, you
can use a welder and weld a couple of beads the length of the
bore. This will shrink it enough to get it out.

                        Gene

 And, of course, there is the problem of removing the old ones.
It
: appears that someone replaced the original steel sleeves with
oversize
: cast iron sleeves, and the darn things don't want to come out.
I have my
: sleeve puller (with a custom made follower) on No.1 and
cinched up
: tight, but nothing moves. My next step will be to try to heat
up the
: block and then throw some dry ice into the bore, in the hopes
of
: shrinking it enough to break loose. Any other thoughts?
:
: Best wishes for the Holidays to all!
:
: Mike
: --
: Mike Sloane
: Allamuchy NJ
: mikesloane at verizon.net
: Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
:
: Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart
people who
: are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. -Mark
Twain,
: author and humorist (1835-1910)
:
:
: --
: No virus found in this outgoing message.
: Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
12/22/2004
:
: AT mailing list